Submitted byJack Falejczyk
DescriptionBlind Drive is an audio-based, black comedy action arcade game.
Donny is a pretty average guy. He's short on cash, likes a nice drive, and meats up with his grandma for dinner every Tuesday, he also makes money by offering himself as a test subject for scientific experiments. However now here he is, wearing a blindfold, handcuffed to the steering wheel of a car, with some crazy psychopath on the other end of the phone, apparently remote controlling Donny's car to run him into oncoming traffic.
This is how Blind drive begins. Any veteran audio-gamers might assume this is a fairly simple outing, just tilt your device left or right or touch the respective sides of the screen to steer Donny's car left and right to dodge oncoming traffic. You'll quickly find, however, that dodging here isn't quite so easy. Even on normal difficulty, the speed of reactions required here is pretty tough, and that's before you have to contend with distractions from loud music and irritating insects, to torpedo dolphins, gun toting gangsters, and some truly brutal boss battles.
Add in a darkly comic, fully acted story in 27 chapters, featuring Donny's various exploits of cyclist murder, ice cream ram raiding, and one very angry granny, and you have the recipe for a truly epic game.
** Headphones required **
- Hyper-immersive 1st-person audio - so good you can play with your eyes closed
- Fast-paced, 2-button arcade gameplay
- 27 levels including boss fights, secret areas and a very rude G.P.S.
- Hilarious crime-comedy story with mobsters, dolphins and your angry Grandmother, performed by a full cast of voice actors
- Minimalistic, jazzy visuals
- Ultra-fine haptics (vibrate) for supported devices
- Gamepad support
- Full TalkBack accessibility support. Tap 3 times with 3 fingers to enable
• “Blind Drive is like no game I've ever played before, which, having played video games for the last thirty years, is certainly saying something.” TheSixthAxis
• “Blind Drive is a masterpiece” - KeenGamer, 10/10
• “Thrilling, funny and a triumph of audio game design” - Finger Guns, 9/10
• “Immediately addicting” - GameSpew, 9/10
• "Basically Virtual Reality for your ears" - Mashable
• "Proper clever" - PC Gamer